We are officially well into the holiday season! I know, I cannot believe it either! If you are hosting or attending a party in the next couple of weeks, I have some fun ideas to share! Mix it up with some new ideas this year!
I love a good party theme (I know, some are cringing at the thought). Here are some of my favorites:
- Christmas Vacation: Dress as your favorite character from this classic Christmas movie
- Redneck Christmas
- 80’s ski lodge: The best part about this one is that many of us have ski clothes from the 80’s so no need to even hit up GoodWill!
- Ugly Sweater
- Cocktail attire
- Christmas Pajamas: Always a cozy favorite
Gift Exchange Ideas:
- White Elephant Gift Exchange: There are many ways to play; write down the rules for all to see and go over before you start playing!
- Favorite Things: We actually combine the white elephant and favorite things. Everyone brings $20 worth of their favorite thing(s). Could be their favorite book, bottle of wine, a combination of small things. The fun is guessing who brought which gift. The bonus is that everyone leaves with a decent gift!
- Secret Santa: This is a more personalized way of exchanging gifts since you are buying for a certain person
- Everyone brings a gift (worth x amount) and then each present gets a number taped to it. Those same numbers are put into a jar to pull from and that then becomes your present (whoever draws 5 gets the present with the 5 on it and so on!). It takes away the crazy competition that the typical White Elephant can sometimes bring.
- Heavy appetizers versus the stress of a sit down meal
- Ask everyone to bring a dish. It’s easy to bring one dish and takes a lot of pressure off the host
- Tease alert- I have some SUPER simple and DELICIOUS recipes I will post over the next two days. Bean dip, meatballs and pigs in a blanket (but with a special ingredient that will seriously impress!). Come back to find out how these recipes can be yours!
What themes/recipes/games are your favorites?