After a busy day of working, chasing kids around or whatever else my day had in store, often the last thing I feel like doing is finding energy to workout. Here are some of my “best” excuses when it comes to talking myself out of working out.
- I ate pretty healthy today so I don’t also need to workout
- I didn’t eat very well today so I don’t have the fuel it takes to workout
- I chased the kids around all day so that’s my calorie burn
- I don’t have time, I’ll do it tomorrow instead
- I’ll do some sit ups and pushups before bed (umm, this never ends up happening)
When have you ever felt worse after working out? How many times have you woken up wishing you had made the decision to fit in even a small workout the day before? Well, let’s squash all those shoulda woulda coulda’s!!! 2015 is the year of New Year New YOU when it comes to fitness!
I am starting this year by sharing workouts for everyone and every schedule. Here is my favorite Lower Body Burn workout. I will do this twice in a row on days I don’t have time for anything more. And I have also done this at the gym following cardio on the days I carve out a bit more time.
Under 10-Minute Lower Body Burn!
- 25 Squats (add intensity by holding weights or weighted object in each hand)
- Wall Sit- back against the wall like you are sitting in a chair- (start small and work up to holding for one full minute)
- 30 Alternating Lunges (15 on each leg)
- 60 Calf Raises
- 25 Squats- yes, again! (add intensity by turning these into jumping squats)
- Jump up and down on one leg counting to 100 and then switch legs
Have more time? Do this twice! Have 5 minutes? Do what you can!
Next week, I am going to share an upper body workout that will start shaping your shoulders and back.
Results are in your future! Stick with me here and we will get you there!
I’d love to hear what your wants/needs are for fitness this year! And, while we are at it, what are some of your favorite excuses for skipping a workout?