As much as I hate to see Summer go, I LOVE Fall. It’s just so beautiful and it’s a time when I really crack down on my schedule and reevaluate my priorities.
One of the other things I love about Fall is all of the fun activities that families can enjoy together. It’s not just a time for back to school but a time for togetherness too. If the Fall weather leaves you stumped for what to do, then here are some great ideas that will cost you little, but reward you with much!
- Study with your children “why” the leaves turn colors and do fun leaf craft projects with them.
- Paint or Carve Pumpkins
- Go to a Pumpkin Patch and pick out the “perfect” Pumpkin.
- Make Hot Cocoa and go for a walk.
- Go for a bike ride and crunch some leaves under the tires…they smell so good!
- Go apple picking ~ then make easy applesauce.
- Go on a Scavenger Hunt
- Go Hiking! Nature is sooo beautiful at this time of year.
- Go on a photo shoot…even if it’s with your phone!
- Bundle up and have a campfire.
- Check out your local fall festivals, many are free.
- Go to a football or soccer game. Check your local High School schedule, kids love these!
- Buy scented pinecones and make your house smell like Fall inside.
- Snuggle up and read books by the fireplace.
- It’s darker much earlier, have dinner by candle light.
- For those of you in the Northwest, Thrifty NW Moms has a page with all of the fun, free or frugal events in the area you can check out each week!
I hope these get your own ideas flowing! What are your favorite things to do in the Fall?