A lot of things just don’t make sense when you’re a mom:
1. You’re more tired than ever…but more productive than ever.
2. While at the same time, you can spend hours working feverishly…but by the end of the day have nothing to show for it.
3. Your kids are the objects of your greatest earthly love…but also the source of your greatest frustration.
4. You desperately hope for an early bedtime to get a little more time for yourself…but if they fall asleep on your chest, you’ll let them stay there for hours.
5. You can’t wait to see the person they become…yet you also grieve a little as they grow and leave each season behind.
6. You’ve never felt such a heavy sense of responsibility…and you’ve never felt so unqualified or ill-equipped.
7. You wonder how your life had significance before having children and wouldn’t have it any other way…yet sometimes long for the freedom you had when you were younger.
8. You desperately need a break from your kids…yet when you get it, you miss them like crazy!
9. You feel a sense of belonging to “the motherhood”…but sometimes you feel more isolated than ever.
10. You want them to JUST LISTEN AND FOLLOW DIRECTIONS…yet love their creativity, independence, and wild spirit.
What else would you add to this list?
Do you have a topic idea for Top Ten Tuesday? We’re looking for guest writers for this feature; email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your 1-2 sentence pitch. If it’s approved you’ll be asked to write the full article and it will be published on allmomdoes!