Do you ever daydream of taking your children’s energy and messes somewhere other than your house? What do you do when your kids say they are sick of the park and a picnic isn’t sounding appealing – even though you are really trying to sell the idea? I love a good bouncy house place just as much as the next mom but outings like that can get really pricey! So instead, we’ve come up with a Top Ten list of places to take your kids for FREE!
1) Fred Meyer – Offers an hour of free childcare while you shop. Most locations have a Starbucks so you can even be super clever and meet a friend for coffee while the kids play. Genius!
2) Local museum FREE admission days – Many museums have monthly or occasional free admission times – especially keep your eyes out for free admission days at local kids museums. Here is free admission info to the museum in Everett. Inquire at the local children’s museums in your area!
3) Library – I will bring my son to the library for a change of scenery to do his homework. Did you know libraries have movies to check out as well? I will bribe my kids with that option but they are also super excited to just go peruse through the aisles. Most libraries have free story time as well on certain mornings and even some evenings! It’s nice to get a break from being story teller.
4) McDonalds Play Land- No judgment allowed here, please. Did you know that at McDonalds kiddie cones are free?! After a long week, I picked up the kids and gave in to their pleas to check out the play land. Extra mom win when I discovered not only was the play free but that the tiny cones (aka not sugar overkill) were free!
5) Mall play area- I forget about this one sometimes but the kids always have so much fun. If you wear them out enough, you can maybe even sneak in a bit of shopping for yourself. Maybe.
6) Home Depot Kids Workshop – Hands on workshops for your little ones where they receive a project kit, apron and certificate! What a fun afternoon for all ages of kids!
7) Museum of Flight FREE Thursdays – Take the family here to explore and play! Held the first Thursday of every month.
8) Caspar Baby Pants FREE Music Shows – Did you ever listen to The Presidents of the United States of America? I was a huge fan as a teenager. Now, the singer, Chris Ballew, is a solo children’s artist and is so good! You and the kids will be singing, dancing and having a super memorable and unique adventure!
9) Kids Eat Free – Sometimes it’s nice to leave the cooking and cleaning up to someone other than you. Check out what restaurants near you that offer free kids meals! All I did was Google “kids eat free Seattle” and was taken to multiple suggestions on where I could take my kids and also save money! I have been to this BBQ place before and didn’t know they offer free kids meals on Sunday. I will be back!
10) Craft Hour – Check out your local craft store. Sometimes there is a $2 charge but usually if you are shopping, they will give it to you for free. And I also find that craft stores often have coupons galore so you can find a free kids session that way too. I have fun taking my kids to these and we get to take a fun project home!