I have fallen in love with this recipe for Chili Lime Cashews. I read a recipe in a magazine for them but then couldn’t remember the exact ingredients (and had already recycled the magazine). Turns out it didn’t matter – I put my own spin on what I did remember and it worked!
Here is what you’ll need:
- 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons dark-brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 large egg white
- 3 cups raw unsalted cashews
Here is what you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl, grind salt with lime zest (use the back of a spoon to assist)
- Add dark-brown sugar, red-pepper flakes, and egg white and whisk together until frothy
- Add cashews and toss to coat
- Spread cashew mixture in a single layer onto a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet. Bake until golden, 20 minutes. Let cool completely.
These would be an easy and yummy item to have out at a party or to have on hand for a healthy and filling snack. Cashews are the most nutrient rich nut with iron, zinc and 5 grams of protein per ounce.