Over on the SPIRIT 105.3 Facebook page and in anticipation of the upcoming Baby Bump Expo, we asked parents for the best parenting advice they’d ever been given. Boy, was there some great advice over there! Here are ten of the top pieces of advice from that discussion:
1. Sleep when the baby sleeps – or take up offers from your friends when they offer to relieve you so you can get some rest.
2. Remember that above all, they are God’s child, whom you have been blessed with.
3. Make noise when the baby is sleeping…to include vacuuming, having the dog bark, etc…so your kids learn to sleep through noise and you’re not always tip-toeing around.
4. Don’t be so hard on yourself because all parents make mistakes.
5. Pick your battles.
6. Be friends with the parents of your kids’ friends.
7. Discipline is important along with unconditional love.
8. A strong marriage sets a good vibe for the entire home.
9. Be consistent! It creates security.
10. Motherhood is a journey! Yours may be different than mine, but we can still cheer each other on!
Now that you’ve got all the best parenting advice, plan to come to the Baby Bump Expo for the rest of your preparation and to celebrate all things baby and maternity! AllMomDoes and SPIRIT 105.3 will be there on May 7th from 12:30-3:00; stop by our booth to say hello and enter to win great prizes!