Don’t you love it when you find a recipe that’s simple, versatile, and delicious? I threw this together in 5 minutes (not even exaggerating) and used it in three different meals in one week (again, totally true).
This creamy cilantro lime slaw is a fun twist on traditional cole slaw – and the addition of beans and corn really bump up the nutrition factor. My fave ways to serve this:
- as a topping for ‘street style tacos’ made with corn tortillas and grilled, chopped chicken or grilled shrimp (I COULD EAT THIS FOR DAYS)
- on top of BBQ pulled pork sandwiches
- on its own as a side dish
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tb olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 package cabbage cole slaw mix
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
Combine the first 7 ingredients in a mini food processor and combine to make the dressing. Add more salt & pepper to taste. Combine the final 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly. Add dressing and toss to coat.
I told you it was easy!