Are you shopping for someone in your life that seems to already have everything? I have lots of those people in my life which is why I love giving gifts to them that give back. Find an organization near and dear to their heart and make a donation or gift in their name. Here are 10 organizations that do great things in the community and beyond!
- Are you or your family impacted by our CRISTA Media radio stations: SPIRIT 105.3, PRAISE 106.5 and SPIRIT 105.9. We’d for you to consider giving a gift in someone’s name as a year end, tax deductible donation. Our radio stations and this blog impact the world in positive ways and it is your partnership that makes a difference.
- World Concern – Through 12/31 your year-end gift is doubled! Give goats, chickens, clean water and other life-changing gifts by shopping the Global Gift Guide. World Concern strives to create lasting, sustainable change in the lives of those living in poverty.
- Angel Tree – Support children whose parents are incarcerated. These lonely hearts need the power of Jesus Christ at Christmas time.
- World Vision – Sponsor a child this Christmas. This is a great way to allow your children to see the impact that your family can have on someone’s life.
- Samaritan’s Purse – Samaritan’s Purse is doing great world all around the world. There is still time to build a shoebox online and bless a child this Christmas. A perfect way to tie in your children.
- Local Pregnancy Resource Center – Find a local pregnancy resource center and donate time or money to assist moms that need assistance.
- Local Homeless Shelter – Find a local homeless center and make time to serve with your family or pledge a donation in someone’s name. Transform your community.
- Seattle Urban Academy – Seattle Urban Academy is a school that provides formalized high school education to youth at risk. If you aren’t in the Seattle area, there may be a similar school in your area. Or search for other educational non-profit organizations that would be a fit for your gift. At SUA your gift doubled through 12/31.
- Children’s Hospitals – Children in the hospital over Christmas would love your gifts, support and love. From donations to monetary donations to time spent, there are opportunities for everyone. Search for a children’s hospital near you for their recommendations and requirements.
- Military Families – Operational Help a Hero is a initiative designed to help military families. Operation Care Package is also an organization that sends gifts to deported troops. You can also search for area organizations or services that specifically support veterans.
Do you have a favorite organization you support this time of year? We’d love to hear about it! Comment below with the information!