What does it mean to raise passionate Jesus Followers? Join Julie as she talks about this very thing with Phil and Diane Comer, founders of Intentional: Raising Passionate Jesus Followers conferences and authors of Raising Passionate Jesus Followers: The Power of Intentional Parenting.
Don’t miss these important takeaways:
- Children make their own decisions. What does this mean for us as parents?
- How raising passionate Jesus followers is an important quest and calling.
- The current way the world is asking questions isn’t a bad thing. How can we be honest about our doubts and fears?
- It isn’t the church’s job to raise our children to love Jesus. How do we own that?
- We know we don’t feel equipped. What tools do we have?
- What does it mean to love God with a passion? To be all in?
- Deal wisely with behavior in your children with tools and discipline that influence their hearts
- How can we model Jesus in real life ways even in our imperfection? “Character goes far deeper than conduct. Our aim, our goal is to nurture the heart of our child so that he grows up wanting and loving Jesus. If he has great manners, that is all better for his life and career but doesn’t mean a lot for his walk with God. We want our kids to go after Jesus. We can only take them so far, we want to do all we can to make them thirsty for him.”
- Writing a plan, a mission for your family. Learn how to teach, train and make disciples of the next generation.
- What is the difference between goals and values?
- The question that Phil & Diane ask themselves to figure out if they should discipline or let something go.
- Encouragement for parents when their children do walk away from Jesus.
- Connect with Phil & Diane Comer at Intentional Parenting. And, purchase their new book Raising Passionate Jesus Followers: The Power of Intentional Parenting.
Next week are so excited to welcome Scott Hamilton, Olympic Gold Medalist and author of Finish First. A fascinating conversation on why it’s okay to want to come in first. Don’t miss it! See you next week.
Special thanks to our sponsor MOPS International. Connect with Moms in your area through MOPS International!
You’ll be able to find the latest episode of The Modern Motherhood Podcast with Julie Lyles Carr every Tuesday on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn here on the blog, SoundCloud, YouTube & Facebook. Subscribe now so you don’t miss an episode! Please take a moment to give us a rating on iTunes to help us spread the word!