Here we go. We’ve got your exclusive, perfect mother’s day plan right here!
First of all, start the month of May out right with an activity for the whole family. South Hill Mall has teamed up with us and SPIRIT 105.3 to bring you something special. Join us for a “Celebrate Mom” event on May 5th 11am – 1pm that will get you out of the house, having fun and supply you with a little gift you can give to mom! You will leave this event with a super cute photo craft for mom as well as a picture of the family from the photobooth. Winning! Dad, hint hint. You can bring the kids to this event and while they do the craft let mom have a little break! Plus, treats from Cinnabon. See you there!
DIY Gift Ideas
Painted Flower Pots or tin cans!- Simply buy a terracotta pot and let the kids paint on it. This is great for older kids or younger kids and can hold potted plants for years to come! You could also use some of those tin cans you have in the recycling bin and make some cute little flower pots!
Mother’s Day Coupons – This is fun for any type of mom. Come up with coupons (one for each month!) that show you love mom.
K-Cup Bath Bombs – Chances are you have a K-cup at home, why not reuse those pods with this cool DIY gift!
Silhouette Canvases – This is pretty cool. You could do this every year!
Things to do as a Family
If what mom wants most is to spend quality time with the family this mother’s day, then plan a fun outing. Here are some great ideas.
- Picnic at the park
- Going out to eat at her favorite restaurant
- Going on a hike or a bike ride together on a favorite trail
- Going to the movies. Make sure mom gets to choose something she wants to see! Redbox works too.
- Take a trip to mom’s favorite ice cream place!
- Visit a berry patch and do some berry picking
A few tips
- Know mom’s love language – My personal love language is acts of service so I would take a clean house over a bouquet of flowers any day!
- If mom has been extra busy lately maybe what she needs is some time to herself. Ask her!
- Mother’s Day isn’t one size fits all. Don’t stress about making things “right.” Just make it perfect for your family.