I love the feeling of wearing a new outfit and knowing it looks good on me. What I don’t love is spending a ton of money when I have to consider my two small kids, a husband, a mortgage…you know how it goes. When I got the opportunity to partner up with Thrifty NW Mom and Value Village, it was practically a dream come true.
Not only did I learn tips and tricks from the moms, but they helped me navigate through the store to find some perfect matches for my style. Here are a few of my main take-aways that I want to share with you!
- Go through your closet ahead of time! Familiarize yourself with what you are in need of so you don’t end up wandering aimlessly.
- Join the Club! It’s free! Right now through August 17, donate a bag and you’ll get 30% off of your entire purchase! The day I shopped, green tags were an automatic 50% off already super low prices! It was unbelievable some of these deals I found.
- Accessorizing and key pieces! Think scarves, necklaces and cardigans. Items like this can make a cute outfit into something really eye catching. And the benefit is that you can pair them with several outfits so you get more bang for your buck. I wear long tanks daily (under my shirt) so having several on hand is key to my wardrobe.
- Check out what you are buying. When bargain shopping, ensure you really check out each item for things like stains, wear and tear. Most of the items I came across were in great condition but some of the shoes and jeans were a bit too worn. There are no returns (yes to exchanges) so you want to love what you buy!
- Take your time. When shopping at Value Village, take the time to go through the racks. You won’t be sorry! I found some amazing items but it took a bit of time. The more time I spent in the store, the more I found!
Here are some of the amazing deals I found: Rock and Republic Jeans for $7.99! These are designer jeans that can cost up to $200 brand new. Thrifty NW Mom researched consignment stores that sell them for $40! Value Village is a thrift store (not for profit) and their prices fiercely compete with consignment stores. I also found Banana Republic tops, Seven For All Mankind jeans & Franco Sarto shoes. Wow!
- Take pictures if you can. There were some outfits I wasn’t 100% certain about but when I took a pic of myself in the mirror, I was impressed by how good it looked. Take selfies or have your shopping partner take pictures if you can.
- Don’t be hesitant to go bargain shopping! I was honestly amazed at the quality and variety of clothes, shoes and accessories I found.
As moms, we often put our needs on the back burner. Shopping at Value Village can help you feel good about yourself and save money! Check it out. And, when you do, I’d love to see pictures and hear stories about the deals you find.
In fact, I’d like to help you out with an ENTER TO WIN! Enter here and you could win 1 of 3 $50 gift certificates for Value Village.