Don’t you love those moments when God grabs your hand, pulls you in a certain direction and says, “Come this way, silly girl?”
Well, that’s what happened to me a few days ago when I talked to Annie from Edmonds Ideal Weightloss. As she explained the Ideal Protein program and the changes it would make inside of my body, it felt like God was right next to me, poking me and saying, “You need to do this!”
I probably began gaining weight in my 30’s and each passing year meant another few pounds gained until suddenly I was “obese” (such an ugly word) by medical standards.
Then, my quality of life began to go downhill really fast. I was so tired that I had to nap every day. Blood tests showed that the inflammation markers in my blood were seven times the normal amount. After uncountable appointments and tests, I was told in June that I have early cirrhosis of the liver (People, I don’t drink alcohol and never have).
The specialist was quite serious and told me that there is no cure for cirrhosis. All I could do was lose weight and see if that arrested the progression. She told me to start losing and then return for another ultrasound in December. Dying is a pretty good motivation for losing weight, right?
I gained five pounds instead.
Because, losing weight is hard! And, even though I was a diet veteran, it turns out that I really had no idea what to do or where to start.
Ideal Protein is a different method altogether. For one thing, they focus on changing the way your body works on the inside instead of how you’ll look in a bathing suit. Yes, you will lose weight. But also, you will lose your addiction to carbs, reset your poor, overworked pancreas and lose the fat that our bodies hold onto so tightly.
Here are a few facts that jumped out at me immediately after talking to Annie:
* Because our bodies burn carbs (both simple AND complex) before fat, most of us just end up burning the carbs we’ve eaten (even if it was whole grain bread and strawberries) and never losing any of our stored fat.
* Exercise is wonderful, but you’d have to run a marathon to lose one single pound of stored fat.
* If you try to just stop eating sugars and fats on your own, you will begin to lose muscle. The solution is to add in high quality biological protein at the same time. Which none of us have, because …
* When you eat 100 grams of meat, your protein intake is only about 15 grams. You’d have to eat a LOT of meat, and …
* Ideal Protein is not a “stuff your face full of protein” solution. Instead, clients are provided with high biological protein that your body can actually assimilate (hence, the name: IDEAL Protein).
I’ll be sharing many more facts and figures as I continue on this journey. I also promise to be honest with my struggles, offer tips and recipes, and share blogs and videos with you all.
If you, like me, are ready to take charge of your health, why not join me and we can do it together? I’d love the company!
Simply call Annie from Edmonds Ideal Weightloss at 425-233-9167 or visit her website.
Let’s get healthy together!