I am not a Pinterest mom. Trust me when I say that anyone can do this. Your kids will love it and you can even make it a longer activity by spending time searching for “the perfect pine cones” around the neighborhood before you roll your sleeves up and get to work. My kids and I ended up making half a dozen and formed an assembly line giving each kid a job which was super fun.
- Pine cones – Any size, makes no difference.
- Peanut Butter
- A spoon/knife (for spreading peanut butter)
- A plate or plastic bag
Super Simple Steps:
- Tie the string onto the pine cone
- Spread the peanut butter to cover the pine cone
- Roll the pine cone in the birdseed (I used a plastic bag but a plate would easily work too!)
- Hang the pine cone outside and wait for birds to enjoy!
It really doesn’t get easier than that! Have fun!