This breakfast has become a favorite of mine so I have to share it with you! Right around 300 calories with a perfect balance of fat, carbohydrates and protein; it really is the perfect way to start the day.
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 1 lemon zested and juiced (I use bottled lemon juice)
- Eggs (depending on how many you make, 1 egg per slice of bread)
- Bread toasted
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and sliced
- Arugula or spinach
- Mix together yogurt and lemon juice
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper
- Heat a greased non-stick pan on medium-low heat
- Crack and pour eggs into the pan
- Flip the egg once the egg whites are set. About 1 minute for runny yolk or 3 minutes for fully cooked.
- Remove from heat once cooked
- Spread an even layer of the yogurt sauce over the toast
- Top with spinach (or arugula), avocado, and egg
- You can add cooked bacon, tomato or anything else that sounds enticing to this dish!