We believe community is important! Connections and friendships are essential to our life journey. Today, Julie Lyles Carr is joined by Mandy Arioto, President of MOPS, to chat about relationship and friendship building, how we can do it well and why it is so essential to motherhood!
- What is MOPS? (It’s not related to cleaning!)
- Where are they located?
- How are gatherings/community changing for moms in this generation?
- What are some issues in this generation that past generations haven’t had to have the same conversations about, if at all?
- What does a MOPS community look like?
- “Motherhood is a common denominator that crosses the divide.” – Mandy
- We need to get together. We need to meet people in the eye. How can meeting together transform our lives?
- How do you intentionally build your village?
- What does friendship in today’s world look like? How can we be a good friend?
- How do we get passed the feeling that developing relationships can feel ‘inconvenient’ in our fast-paced world?
- We are built for DEEP relationship not WIDE relationship. Find out what that means and what it looks like.
- What is the importance of mentorship? What is mentorship?
- What about if you don’t have preschoolers? Find out about the programs that are available for moms with kids of all ages!
- There are 2 BILLION moms in this world! So many moms desperately need hope through community. Learn how MOPS is spreading and what is coming up in the future!
- Starry Eyed by Mandy Arioto
- Visit MOPS.org to find a MOPS near you!
Next week we welcome Bob Goff and you won’t want to miss his insight into loving the people around us well. See you next week!
A special thanks to MOPS International for sponsoring our podcast!
You’ll be able to find the latest episode of The Modern Motherhood Podcast with Julie Lyles Carr every Tuesday on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn here on the blog, SoundCloud, YouTube & Facebook. Subscribe now so you don’t miss an episode! Please take a moment to give us a rating on iTunes to help us spread the word!