Jen Fulwiler joins Julie Lyles Carr today on the podcast. She has 6 kids, is a radio host, an author and a gal who loves to chat about how you can have all the dreams and all the babies. Welcome to the podcast today!
- The Jennifer Fulwiler Show
- Jen’s new book, One Beautiful Dream, comes out on May 1st! The book is a humorous memoir that chronicles what I learned about work, family, and pursuing personal passions in the midst of having six babies and eight years. It’s an intimate look at the struggles I went through while trying to find some way to use my God-given gifts while still putting my family first.
- Jen was raised atheist and had a much different trajectory for her life. And then…God took hold of her!
- Jen talks about all the addictions she was pursuing that left her empty.
- She fell into the trap that when she had kids the only thing she could focus on was the kids and that nothing else mattered. Listen to what she learned about balance.
- Are we built to be passionate and share our passions? When we put ourselves and our dreams off can it actually be bad for us and our families?
- Are we making motherhood too hard?
- How is motherhood harder today than it was in the 1900s? What are the psychological impacts?
- God did not design us to raise our children on our own.
- What happens when we try to entertain our kids too much?
- What if you want to mother in a way that is different than the ‘standard template” of society? Is that okay?
- Is doing things that fulfill you and raising kids at odds with one another? Jen explains how they actually go hand in hand.
- How Jen & her husband specifically had a conversation about her setting specific time aside for her passions. It transformed her life.
- Jen talks specifically about how her passions and calling actually have ended up blessing her family.
- Do you take yourself and your dreams seriously?
- If God is calling you to something do it without shame!
- What are some healthy checks we can do to make sure we aren’t falling victim to the unprecedented access in our current culture?
- Be unapologetic about having to set limits and expectations.
- In this time of moms doing so much, it is so important to know that where God has you is the right place. It may be that you are called into work. It may be that you are not called into work. Embrace YOUR place and where God has YOU. No guilt. No shame.
- Never use someone else’s template to apply to your own life. God has a template for YOUR life!
- If you are married, what is important about teamwork when chasing dreams?
- There is a profound and specific message for those young ladies who haven’t had babies and who are afraid they will have to “give up everything.” God is so much bigger than that!
- JenniferFulwiler.com / Twitter / Instagram / Facebook
Alright friend, next week we’ve got an important conversation coming your way. Julie will be joined by Mo Isom to chat Sex, Jesus and the Conversations the Church forgot. You won’t want to miss it. See you next week!
Special thanks to MOPS International for sponsoring The Modern Motherhood Podcast!
You’ll be able to find the latest episode of The Modern Motherhood Podcast with Julie Lyles Carr every Tuesday on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn here on the blog, SoundCloud, YouTube & Facebook. Subscribe now so you don’t miss an episode! Please take a moment to give us a rating on iTunes to help us spread the word!