As a mom it is so important to show our kids the world and help them develop empathy. For only $1 a day you can support a child with Compassion International. Give your kids the world and change the life of a child.
Today we are welcoming the dynamic duo Kevin & Sam Sorbo. They are married, have 3 wonderful kids, and work together. Life as an entertainer when you are a Christian, their latest movie “Let There be Light” and the specific themes we can all apply to our lives. Learn it all in today’s podcast.
- They just celebrated 20 years marriage. How do they make it work?
- Hear more about what it is like in the entertainment industry as a person of faith.
- In the new faith-based movie Let There Be Light, Sol Harkins is a world-renowned atheist and lousy father determined to make the world come to his side of the argument. But a near death experience challenges his simplest assumptions about the world, shifting Sol’s moral compass in the opposite direction.
- Kevin & Sam both worked on the film together, playing a divorced couple. Hear about how they figured out how to work together as a married couple with their various roles.
- What are some specific themes you’ll see in this movie that is so important to this world today? Forgiveness of self and each other.
- Jesus was a storyteller. How do we use our stories to change lives?
- As parents, hear what Sam recommends in regards to what we should allow our children to watch.
- How do we stay vulnerable and willing to use our stories when the world is so hostile?
- Homeschooling. How Sam does it and how her kids enjoy growing up on movie sets.
- What was it like casting his own kids in the film and what Kevin told them before they auditioned.
- How do we guide kids that are seeking a career or dream in a very public space?
- Hear more about their next projects!
- Bernie the Dolphin
- One Nation Under God
Next week on the podcast we are looking forward to hearing from Kristin Schell of the Turquoise Table. Have you seen these in your community? Join us next week!
Special thanks to our sponsor MOPS International
You’ll be able to find the latest episode of The Modern Motherhood Podcast with Julie Lyles Carr every Tuesday on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn here on the blog, SoundCloud, YouTube & Facebook. Subscribe now so you don’t miss an episode! Full list of episodes. Full list of show notes.
Please take a moment to give us a rating on iTunes to help us spread the word! We want to feature your review on the podcast. Take a moment to leave us some words and you could hear yours!