When it comes to things like birthday cakes, and classroom treats, I am all about store bought goods. I don’t like carving out time to bake on top of my full time work schedule when that time could be used for other things. Like playing with my kids. Or sitting on the couch drinking wine watching my kids play. My mom is very talented at baking, a gene I clearly missed, so I can also pull on her if I really want something homemade for an occasion. But if it’s up to me, off to the store I go.
However, a couple times a year, I feel the need to show that I am capable of more than just store bought. Just barely capable so I pick really easy things. When I came across this recipe, I knew it was something I could easily tackle. I use the word “recipe” lightly because there is no baking and it’s basically just putting five things together. My kids both have summer birthdays so I brought these into their classrooms for their end-of-year celebrations.
Mom, if you are challenged with baking like I am, try this no bake super easy and super cute “recipe” for a summer party. Your guests will think you are a super Pinterest mom and the truth can just be our little secret.
- Pudding Cups- Any flavor but I used vanilla. They sell these at the dollar store!
- Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Teddy Grahams
- Fruit By The Foot- Fruit Roll Up would work too
- Paper drink umbrellas- also a dollar store item!
- Remove pudding cup lids
- Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs onto the top of the pudding (this is the sand)
- Cut a piece of fruit roll up a bit smaller than the size of the pudding cup (this is the beach towel)
- Place the teddy graham on the fruit roll up
- Place an umbrella into the pudding