There are such important topics we need to tackle with our tweens and teens and Dannah Gresh is here to help us do just that.
- Keeping & caring for Llamas (Yes, the animal)
- Dannah talks about a moment of shame that she never told anyone and how she finally let go of it.
- The #1 thing girls are wondering when it comes to sex is “Mom, did you wait?” This question sparked a moment in Dannah’s life that changed her forever.
- We don’t often want to connect the generations for these important conversations, but we really need to unite and share.
- A tremendous encouragement about how we are all called for such a time as this with our children.
- Secret Keeper Girl
- Hear why they went to a child/parent style ministry and the difference it makes.
- The impact of social media on our girls.
- Don’t disregard the age ranges for social media. Don’t fail to set boundaries.
- Is the message of “wait until marriage” still being taught in homes? What are the implications? Statistically college students, Christian or not Christian, have 7-9 sexual partners.
- What is modesty?
- Why the title Secret Keeper Girl?
- Find out more about what you can expect if you attend a Secret Keeper Girl event with your daughter.
- How has the #MeToo movement impacted the messaging?
- Follow Dannah online, Facebook, Twitter
- Teach your daughter about true beauty at the Secret Keeper Girl – Masterpiece World Tour at Christ’s Church in Federal Way on October 18th and at Eastside Church in Bothell on October 20th . We hope to see you there! This event is also available on October 19th in Abbotsford, British Columbia. (Special thanks to our Abbotsford Sponsor MEI Schools) Buy tickets here!
- If you’re not local, check to see if there’s a Secret Keeper Girl event in your area!
Next week are thrilled to welcome Michael Jr. He will have you laughing until you cry and crying until you laugh. Join us next week!
Friend, we a have something incredible to share with you. We are looking to have 10 children sponsored from Compassion International. Did you know that these children are waiting and they KNOW they are waiting? When you see on the Compassion Website the amount of days a child is waiting, the child knows. They see other children at the Child Development Center having the benefit of a sponsor. Please prayerfully consider joining us as we look to get these children sponsored, especially those that have been waiting a long time!
You’ll be able to find the latest episode of The Modern Motherhood Podcast with Julie Lyles Carr every Tuesday on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn here on the blog, SoundCloud,YouTube & Facebook. Subscribe now so you don’t miss an episode! Full list of episodes. Full list of show notes.
Please take a moment to give us a rating on iTunes to help us spread the word! We want to feature your review on the podcast. Take a moment to leave us some words and you could hear yours!