What if you could pull back from the crazy of the holidays and reclaim some space for yourself, your family and your faith? Becky Kiser joins us this week to tell us about her holiday ministry Sacred Holidays and how it has changed her perspective of the holidays.
- Becky has always been drawn to the holidays and how to make it special for her family.
- Hear how Sacred Holidays, her holiday ministry, was born and the impact it has had.
- Doesn’t Less Chaos, More Jesus sound wonderful? Find out how you can pull back from the crazy of the holidays.
- The book doesn’t focus on just one single holiday, it helps us bring our faith into all the holidays.
- Hear her tips for keeping holidays sacred. They are simple, tangible things we can all do. Little ways to shift our hearts.
- Julie and Becky talk about “clearing out the regrets.” Learn what this means and how to do it yourself.
- Julie gives a powerful example of how she set the bar for herself for the holidays based on her child’s perspective. Learn how this wasn’t accurate and how she overcame it.
- How do we navigate that works-based nature that is Christmas with what we know about grace?
- Becky talks about making birthdays special and how she uses birthdays in a different way than other holidays.
- How do we make sure we are staying in a good and healthy place while celebrating holidays?
- Becky talks about how to handle family ‘stuff’ and how to change our perspectives before we get together.
- How can we plan ahead to love other well during the holidays? What about building in self-care and time for ourselves? You can plan ahead with this intention.
- Often it feels like the holidays happen TO US. It doesn’t have to be this way.
- Follow Becky online, on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
Next week join us for Leyna Heitzig as we dig into how to create space for quiet time.
Friend, we a have something incredible to share with you. We are looking to have 10 children sponsored from Compassion International. Did you know that these children are waiting and they KNOW they are waiting? When you see on the Compassion Website the amount of days a child is waiting, the child knows. They see other children at the Child Development Center having the benefit of a sponsor. Please prayerfully consider joining us as we look to get these children sponsored, especially those that have been waiting a long time!
You’ll be able to find the latest episode of The Modern Motherhood Podcast with Julie Lyles Carr every Tuesday on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn here on the blog, SoundCloud,YouTube & Facebook. Subscribe now so you don’t miss an episode! Full list of episodes. Full list of show notes.
Please take a moment to give us a rating on iTunes to help us spread the word! We want to feature your review on the podcast. Take a moment to leave us some words and you could hear yours!