This post is sponsored by Fellowship Home Loans.
As we approach a new year, looking at finances is always a must! How are you doing on spending? What about saving? My husband and I always do a spending freeze in January and it is a great way to get a grip after the holidays. Since we own our home this year, we are looking at ways we can increase our home value to get rid of that mortgage insurance faster! You may in the same boat so take a look at these 10 areas to focus on that can help you get that value up! We love a good DIY project that increases value with very little budget.
- Stick to light & bright. Light colors and bright rooms always make people happy! Do away with dark and dreary.
- Wood floors. Wood floors are the thing right now. Take a look at getting rid of that carpet and installing wood floors. My husband and I found beautiful oak hardwoods under our carpet so we are saving to refinish it. This can be a great way to spend less and still get the same result!
- Paint! Look at painting the rooms. Don’t go crazy with the colors! We recently painted our ceilings because there was 7 different white colors in one room. Ha! Now it’s one color and looks so much more put together! Here are some of the hottest paint colors for 2018!
- Popcorn Ceilings. If you own an older home, you may have popcorn ceilings. Even if they don’t bother you, they will make your home look and feel older. Before you remove, make sure you get them tested for asbestos! Here are some tips for removing! For asbestos testing, do a google search for locations near you! This is very important. Protect your health!
- Landscaping. Curb appeal is a big deal. Take a look around, see what you can clean up!
- Kitchen. Such an important room. Maybe you don’t have a budget for a huge remodel, but you can do little things to open it up or reorganize! We are in the process of simply rearranging some things in our kitchen to make it feel bigger. We’re re-purposing the cupboards we have and using our DIY skills to see what we can do on a very limited budget to make a big difference.
- Bathrooms. Next to kitchens, bathrooms are a big deal for people and can give you a big return. What can you do to make your bathroom more updated?
- Small repairs. Nothing makes a house older than small repairs that don’t get done over time. Make a list and then go through it one at a time. You’ll be surprised at how much it will make a difference! Another good thing, keeping up with those small repairs will cut down on the bigger repairs in the future!
Before you get started, you won’t want to miss our essential tools list that you’ll need for your next remodel. Make YouTube your best friend. I honestly don’t know what people did before YouTube tips and tricks! Pinterest is another great source for inspiration, but don’t get stuck in the comparison game!
After you are all spruced up and ready to go, call Fellowship Home Loans and they would love to help you with your home refinance! Fellowship Home Loans pride themselves on always doing the right thing for their clients. They work tirelessly to find the right product for every client’s needs. They provide multiple options and take the time to explain the benefits and drawbacks of each option so you can make informed decisions about their home loans. Are you ready to start 2019 with a little more money in your pocket? Give them a call! They’d love to help. If you are in the market for a house, they can help with all your home lending needs!
Best of luck as you get your house in tip top shape!