Ah, yes, the bedtime routine. No matter how it goes down in your house, one thing remains the same…you’ll hear a variety of excuses as to why your child can’t go to bed. We’ve compiled our favorites. What are yours?
The Most Common
- I’m hungry.
- We didn’t eat dinner. (I assure you, We did eat dinner)
- I’m not tired.
- I have to pee.
- I need water.
- I have a cough (insert fake cough)
- My bookmark is crinkled
- I need my toenails or fingernails clipped
- I need cheese (or any other random food item)
- I need to kiss my Elsa dollies goodnight, I need to put on my Elsa costume, I want my hair like Elsa… We have a bit of a theme going.
- My tag is scratching my neck.
- I don’t know how to sleep. How do I close my eyes?
- My uvula feels a little off, like it’s moving forward.
- I can’t stop moving.
- I need to exercise
- I’m really sick.
- I need to help you fold laundry. I need to clean my room. Can I clean the toilet?
The ones we kinda love
- I need more snuggles.
- I need more kisses.
- I just love you too much to sleep
Okay, your turn. We know there are some good ones out there! Add to the list!