I typically wash my hair twice a week. I often get questions about this considering I work out 4-5 times a week. “How do you work out and still only wash your hair twice a week?” Now, before you judge me or get grossed out, I have two words for you.
I too used to be skeptical. I would wash my hair once, sometimes twice a day! When I skipped a day, I felt like my hair was limp and oily. I knew about dry shampoo but made the conclusion it wasn’t for me.
I liked my hair clean.
I can’t quite recall when this changed but it probably has something to do with needing to find ways to save time – dry shampoo definitely helps with that. Slowly, I made the transition and became a fan of dry shampoo.
You have to acclimate your hair to get it used to not being washed every day. Start with one day in between washes and soon enough, you will be able to go longer. Your hair will adjust, trust me.
Want to give it a go but not sure what to buy? I asked my friends, both blonde and brunette for their top favorites. The work is done, all you have to do is head to the drugstore or add to your Amazon cart.
Best for Brunettes:
Batiste Divine Dark. $18 for a 3 pack! My brunette friends LOVE this dry shampoo and tell me it doesn’t leave a residue. Leaves great body and a fresh smell.
Best for Blondes
Batiste Brilliant Blonde $18 for a 3 pack! I LOVE this one because it blends in with my highlights but doesn’t leave a weird residue. If I get darker highlights, this would not be the best choice. Definitely for blondes only.
Best for any hair
- Tresemme Fresh Start $11 for a 2 pack.
- Suave. Under $5. I keep this one in my gym bag. For such a good price, I am amazed it doesn’t leave a crazy residue!
- Psssst Instant Spray Shampoo $17 for a 3 pack!
- Bumble & Bumble Pret A Powder $25. I had never heard of this but HAVE to share because of how my friends raved about it when I asked for their favorites.
- Dry Bar Detox Dry Shampoo. $33. The most pricey of the bunch but I had to include because it is incredible. I get comments on how good I smell and I just smile because people probably don’t realize it’s my dry shampoo.
Not sure HOW to apply dry shampoo? I just lift up sections and spray them down. Check out this video for a quick how-to.
Do you use dry shampoo? We’d love to hear which brands you love!