Long days at the beach. Running through the sprinkler in the yard. Walking a trail. Staying up late around a bonfire. What is your favorite part of summer?
Summer can bring long days of blessing and enjoying each other’s company in the beautiful outdoors. As we slow down to enjoy these long days, we can also be intentional about turning our hearts to enjoy God’s presence.
Make a special praise journal to capture your family blessings for the summer. Use this journal to help your children recognize the work God is doing around them and how to express their love and appreciation for Who He is, His love, and His work in our lives.
Use the questions below as journaling prompts and discuss them as a family. Then take time to praise God together. Whether you spend a few minutes praise journaling on a weekend or one weeknight at dinner, these times can build deep and lasting relationships with each other and your Heavenly Father.
- Spiral bound notebook or composition book
- Pens, colored pencils
- Stickers, scrapbook paper and glue sticks to decorate the notebook cover
- Decorate the cover of your notebook by gluing on patterned or colored papers and stickers.
- Write the date at the top of each new page and write down your family praises for the week.
- Print or write down the praise prompts below and paste them in the inside cover of your notebook.
- Use the prompts to start conversation and help family members think of what to praise God for.
Praise Journaling Prompts:
- What did you see in nature that you loved this week? (Praising God as Creator)
- What was the best thing that happened this week? (Praising God that every good and perfect gift comes from the Father)
- How did you see God’s love for you this week? (Praising God as Love)
- What is something hard that happened this week that God helped you get through? (Praising God as our Helper and Burden Bearer