Christmas break is over but before we know it, mid-winter break will be here. In my research, most schools in the Pacific Northwest area are having some sort of break around Presidents Day. My kids get that entire week off while some other schools have just a day or two off. Whether you work full time and need full day activities or stay at home but still need your kids to get out of the house, check out the following camps. Start booking now because they do fill up fast!
- Arena Sports (Magnuson, Issaquah, Redmond, SODO, Mill Creek)
Burn off all that extra home-from-school-energy by keeping them active all day long at one of these camps. Ages 3-12. Warning, ages 3-5 half day only.
- Taproot Theater Acting Camps (Seattle). PreK-3rd Hours are only 10-2 so might be a challenge for the full time working parents but if you can flex your schedule a bit, this camp looks super fun. Parents get to attend the end of week performance too.
- SANCA Circus Camp (Seattle). The School of Acrobatics and New Circus Arts has camps that will teach your kids the finer points of tumbling, aerial arts, juggling, the trapeze and more. Full and half days ages 6-17.
- Camp Roots (Kenmore). Kids can play, hike, craft and connect to the world around them. Ages 6-12. Full days- perfect for full time working parents.
- Drama Kids International (Renton). A medieval mystery camp where kids get to develop action and improvisation skills, speaking abilities and self-confidence. Ages 6-12.
- Museo Art Academy (Issaquah). Each day, your camper will get to try out a new project with art forms including drawing, painting, sculpture and more. Ages 5-14.
- Pacific Science Center (Bellevue and Seattle). A variety of camps are offered from robotics to plant life. Ages kindergarten through 5th
- Sounders FC Soccer Camp (Tukwila). Your camper will work on technical skills and practice in scrimmages. Full and half days ages 3-16
- Hands On Children’s Museum (Olympia). STEAM topics, museum gallery play, and the outdoor discovery center. Full or half days ages kindergarten-4th
- Cedar Springs (Bothell, Lake Stevens, Leavenworth). A variety of half and full-day camps for many different interests. Christian based as they partner with Cedar Park Christian School in Bothell.
Are there camps you utilize that you would like to share? We’d love to hear and add it to our list!
Read more of Stephanie’s contributions to allmomdoes here.