When I asked my husband what recipe I should share with you all, he didn’t even hesitate. These Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip cookies are his favorite. This is the story of how they came to be…..
We’re a Pacific Northwest family who naturally loves the Seahawks. Our friends love the Seahawks. Our extended family loves the Seahawks and honestly, I do too. Here’s the thing though (and please hear me out guys! Hear, don’t hate!), I usually can’t sit through an entire game. I get fidgety and although I DO care, I just can’t sit there for that long. I clean up, I make food, I talk. Honestly, I’m just trying to not walk in front of the TV during an important play. I’m a work in progress!
So, I was feeling a bit guilty about my lack of football watching skills towards the end of the last (amazing!) season. My husband was super gracious, but I’d been stinking it up as a football fanatics wife and I had some making up to do. Naturally, I decided to make up for it, by heading into the kitchen and coming back with amazing tailgate food because good food makes everything better. These cookie creations are not only just cookies, but an amazing Chocolate Chip Cookie with an Oreo inside. They are the key to any guy’s heart. Ladies, make these cookies and you can basically get away with anything.
Football season will be here again soon and really, I AM going to work on staying in that chair and cheering on our team through an entire game. I’m also going to be better about serving our family and friends delicious game snacks. These cookies are the ultimate tailgate food and I love that they make up for any football knowledge that I lack.
Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. granulated sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.
3. Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in mini chocolate chips.
4. Chill the cookie dough for at least 30 minutes. After the dough is chilled, scoop a 2 inch sized clump into your hand and flatten it out like a pancake. Lay the Oreo on top of the dough and then shape the dough around the Oreo, until the Oreo is completely hidden. The cookies will be large so, put only 4-6 on each baking sheet. Continue to chill the dough in between batches of cookies. Bake for 15-17 minutes, until barely golden brown, just around the edges.
5. Let cool on the sheet, for a minute or two and then transfer to a wire rack.
Makes 12 large Oreo Stuffed Cookies.
So, what about you, what’s your favorite tailgate recipe?
You can find Angela blogging here on Mondays. To read more of her blogs, click here!