Have you ever grown weary of waiting for a miracle to happen? Perhaps you’ve been praying for someone for a long time and you’ve not seen any fruit from that prayer. Perhaps you are waiting for that job to appear while trying to make ends meet month after month. Perhaps you have a wayward child that never seems to quite “get it.”
I have the answer…
Just like you I have had many heartaches, headaches and tears…but what I’ve learned is the secret to true contentment during the “wait”: Keep your eyes focused on Jesus.
Oh I KNOW you’ve heard it before! It’s easier said than done, but with practice, you can find joy and peace that surpasses all understanding while you wait for YOUR miracle to happen.
Some suggestions for keeping focused on God daily:
- Spend quiet time with God each day.
- Journal if you like.
- Pour out your heart to God ~ He knows and understands your heartache.
- Play praise music. You can’t be in God’s Word 24/7 but you can listen to praise music when driving, doing dishes, all the time!
- Praise and thank God no matter the circumstance. You don’t have to jump up and down and be all happy about it. You just need to be thankful and praise the God that knows you and your circumstance.
- Focus on taking GOOD care of YOURSELF. I’ve found that when I am worrying about things/people I forget to take care of myself. The more unhealthy I feel the more I focus on the problem or worry. It can become a vicious cycle.
- Have faith! It’s SO HARD sometimes to have faith, but remember we only need faith as big as a mustard seed.
- Talk to a trusted friend to gain perspective. Someone that will point you to Jesus.
- Believe Gods promises! It is a choice for us to believe every word that God says is true or not. We need to believe that His truths are for us, right this very moment. Filter your very real circumstances through Gods word.
- Know that ALL things can bring us closer to God if we let it.
- Put scripture around your house and CHOOSE to believe it!
- Don’t fight your circumstances, embrace them and ask God what you can learn from them. Sometimes it is OUR perspective that needs to change more than the circumstance. OUCH!
- Don’t become obsessed with the people or circumstance surrounding your heartache. Stay focused on God…who loves them more than you do, or has the perfect circumstance just waiting around the corner.
Know that God likes to stretch us…oh yes he does! God has miracle upon miracle waiting for us…we just need to learn to wait.
Tell me, what do you do to stay focused on Jesus while you are waiting for YOUR miracle to happen?
“And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.” Hebrews 11:6