It’s true, friends. I’m obsessed with Hallmark movies. The feel-good, sappy family-oriented drama, comedy or romances grab my attention and lift my spirits. It’s a nice break from the otherwise negative feelings of the world. Last year I was able to drag my husband into this world with me so now we can enjoy them together. Ha!
One problem. We don’t have cable.Good for the budget but not for the fact that it’s hard to find these shows anywhere. So, here is my list of where we’ve found them and some upcoming ones you may want to put on the calendar for fall!
- Buy them on Amazon to watch again and again and again. Amazon or even the Hallmark Channel Website has some packs of movies as well as individual movies you can buy so that you can start a collection. I know, this isn’t the best option at $10/piece but it is an option. You can also keep your eyes peeled at thrift stories or bargain movie bins to get lower prices! We’ve purchased some of the 4 packs of Christmas movies so it’s a better deal.
- Sling TV – Sling TV is a service that allows you to purchase only specific channels. It is a streaming service starting at $20/month. They do offer a 7 day free trial. To get Hallmark you do have to get the package that includes “Lifestyle.” My husband and I are thinking about trying this service out so we will let you know what we discover!
- FeelN – Last year my husband and I subscribed so FeelN because there was a special deal for $30 for 2 years + a free Roku Player. We’ve had it for a year now and have found it to be just okay. We don’t love it. It does offer some Hallmark movies and some other movies, but doesn’t seem as affiliated with Hallmark as we originally thought. It’s a pretty good deal for what you get, but we found it disappointing you can’t watch newer Hallmark movies.
- Amazon Prime & Netflix – there are some Hallmark movies on Amazon Prime and Netflix. I’m not sure it is enough to justify getting either service just for this feature. But, it does provide you a few options – mostly Christmas.
Are these amazing options? No. I hope for the day that Hallmark will start a streaming service of their own and offer easier access to their new movies. But, until that time, these are a few ways that may allow you to get some of those feel-good flicks in your home. In fact, the Hallmark Channel has some new Autumn movies starting tomorrow and we can’t wait!
- Premieres Saturday 09/23 – Falling For Vermont
- Premieres Saturday, 09/30 – Harvest Love
- Premieres Saturday, 10/07 – All of My Heart: Inn Love
- Premieres Saturday, 10/14 – Love Struck Cafe
And, if you want to plan ahead you can get the scoop on their upcoming 2017 holiday lineup!
Are you a Hallmark fan?