Today, we are so delighted to welcome Sam Kelly to The Modern Motherhood podcast. You may recognize her from the radio world.
Don’t miss their incredible conversation:
- Did you know Sam was super shy and her mom was encouraging her to be a librarian? Hear her story on how she fell into radio and what God did with her weaknesses.
- Sam discusses her first marriage to a non-believer, how she walked through affairs, pornography and the feeling of failure. “When you get it wrong you have so much appreciation for when God does it right.”
- Sam’s husband didn’t originally want children. One day he said, “Okay, let’s have a child.” And then the journey was not what she expected. Hear what she has learned about God’s will and His timing.
- How can the church surround marriages in which both people are not believers?
- Sam talks about how she routinely broke up with her current husband before she finally was able to walk through her fear and re-marry.
- Can you still be in Christian ministry if you feel like you have failed in your own walk? Sam shares about how revealing her messy life was used by God.
- Sam shares what she felt when she held her daughter for the first time and realized she had Down Syndrome and how she navigated the feelings of guilt and pain back into feelings of joy.
- It is okay to go through a period of time of disappointment, fear, worry or anger. It is a full human experience. You have permission to experience these feelings.
- The importance of prayer warriors and how they change the world.
- Why we all need to give God the opportunity to redeem our brokenness.
- Find Sam Kelly weekdays on SPIRIT 105.3, PRAISE 106.5 and SPIRIT 105.9. You can follow the the Scott & Sam show on Facebook
Special thanks to our sponsor MOPS International. Make sure to get connected today! Do you have a story about how MOPS has impacted your life? We’d love for you to share it so you can be featured on an upcoming blog or podcast. Please e-mail us at email@example.com