What if you thought you were headed into a career in basketball and then God led you into music? Pretty different, huh? Today, we have the gorgeous JJ Heller!
JJ and Julie cover:
- Raising kids away from grandparents and the support of extended family.
- How JJ Heller went from dreaming of being a basketball player to being a Christian music artist! How do you navigate when God leads you in a crazy, new direction?
- What do you do when you are faced with the question, “Who Am I?”
- How a trip to Kenya changed her life and what she learned on that trip about the new dream God was planting in her heart.
- Why JJ can now say: “I’m so glad the plans I had for my life didn’t pan out.”
- A honest reflection on how saying goodbye to her dreams felt like death and grieving and how she still took the steps forward.
- How her and her husband, Dave, work together & what they’ve learned about how to make marriage work. (Also, listen to the Anita Renfroe podcast)
- The value of not comparing lives with someone else. “God did not make me to be her. God made me to be me.”
- How she makes it through the business of music and keeps the heart, soul and ministry of it.
- Why she wishes MySpace was still around.
- What happened after the song Your Hands was on So You Think You Can Dance.
- How to find space for laughter even when you have little kids at home.
- The power of asking, “How did that make you feel?”
- How, as moms, we can give ourselves permission to follow our dreams.
- Music does something to each of us. Why JJ believes it can speak to our hearts and break down walls.
Join us next week as we chat with Jon Erwin about his latest film, “I Can Only Imagine.” You won’t want to miss it.
Special thanks to our sponsor, Mops Intentional. Mops.org.
You’ll be able to find the latest episode of The Modern Motherhood Podcast with Julie Lyles Carr every Tuesday on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn here on the blog, SoundCloud, YouTube & Facebook. Subscribe now so you don’t miss an episode! Please take a moment to give us a rating on iTunes to help us spread the word!