Sarah Mackenzie of the Read Aloud Revival joins Julie today on the podcast. Sarah is the Momma of a big tribe of 6 kids from preschool to 10th grade. She fell in love with books as a 3rd grader and never turned back. Now she wants to spread the love of books and the tremendous benefits of reading aloud to others.
Hear the latest trends they are seeing, how it impacts our families and what we can do about it.
- How do screens impact our children?
- How can we be intentional about reading aloud as a family?
- Academically speaking, reading aloud is one of the most beneficial things we can do for our kids.
- How Sarah uses stories and reading aloud to stop tantrums. Yes, it works!
- The Read Aloud Handbook
- The Read Aloud Revival
- The Read-Aloud Family: Making Meaningful and Lasting Connections with Your Kids
- But, what if I don’t like reading and don’t really enjoy books? Sarah and Julie have ideas for you too!
- Resources for AudioBooks – LibraVox, Audible, Overdrive through your local library.
- Use Book Lists to help you get started. Buy Sarah’s new book for some great book lists or visit Sarah’s Website.
- The difference between how you hear something and how you read something and why there is a benefit to both.
- The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place: Book I
- What is the best age to begin reading out loud to your kids?
- Text “books” to 345345 for a booklist
- What do we do if our kids are reading something that makes us go “Oh no!”
- How does Sarah do all she does and raise a big family?
- What are you willing to trade in your day? Learning to find that balance by asking that question.
Join us next week as we welcome Priscilla Shirer to the podcast. Another incredible conversation coming your way. See you then!
A special thanks to MOPS International for sponsoring our podcast!
You’ll be able to find the latest episode of The Modern Motherhood Podcast with Julie Lyles Carr every Tuesday on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn here on the blog, SoundCloud, YouTube & Facebook. Subscribe now so you don’t miss an episode! Please take a moment to give us a rating on iTunes to help us spread the word!