Emily Stroud is a mom, wife, author and financial planner. She has some awesome insight into money and how it defines us. How can we work with our kids on it and shape our hearts to view money in the right way.
Today’s topics include:
- Emily’s new book called Faithful Finance:10 Secrets to Move from Fearful Insecurity to Confident Control
- We have a hard time talking about money. Why is this?
- How can we teach our kids about money?
- As an entrepreneur, Emily’s dad went from feast to famine and that passed on a level of stress. Hear more about that and how it has impacted Emily’s view of finance.
- Money can be a tool to empower us!
- Emotion is connected to money. What role should it play?
- Emily shares what it is like being in a woman, wife, mom in the financial space.
- Emily shares how God views money and what the Bible does and doesn’t say about it.
- Emily gives tips for how to manage money in relationships and come to an agreement. The role of wise counsel is huge!
- Money is all about choices.
- What should our goals be as parents in teaching our kids about money?
- “Teach them to fish. Don’t give them a fish.”
- Emily gives some great tips for teenagers and early adults.
- There is a trend to simplification but at times simplifying leads to complication. Hear some stories about this and what Emily has to say.
- What are needs and wants. How do you discern the difference?
- You can download her budget worksheet online!
- Encouragement for the mom on the budget, working it and doing the best she can.
- Follow Emily online and on Facebook, Twitter
Next week we’ve got The Chewbacca Mom, Candace Payne. We’re digging into joy and how it is different than happiness. See you next week.
Special thanks to our sponsor MOPS International.
You’ll be able to find the latest episode of The Modern Motherhood Podcast with Julie Lyles Carr every Tuesday on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn here on the blog, SoundCloud, YouTube & Facebook. Subscribe now so you don’t miss an episode! Full list of episodes. Full list of show notes.
Please take a moment to give us a rating on iTunes to help us spread the word! We want to feature your review on the podcast. Take a moment to leave us some words and you could hear yours!