Chewbacca Mom, Candace Payne, joins us today with Julie Lyles Carr. Candace Payne went viral when she wore a Chewbacca Mask and laughed with such joy. This is an important conversation about what joy really is and how it is absolutely vital in surviving life.
- When you want to cry sometimes we have to laugh.
- Happiness versus Joy – what is the difference and how we teach our kids about both.
- Joy can be so contagious when we are willing to exchange it with frustration
- The best moments are the ones you can’t plan and are genuine.
- Laughter is such a universal language and it can change everything.
- You can say no to things in order to experience joy.
- Get it out and get over it. Learn about how talking through things can initiative healing.
- Candace talks about her biggest frustration in life. (Hint: It has to do with boys and pee.)
- As moms we sometimes forget to just say, I need help. Learn how to do it!
- Joy isn’t about denying the “stuff” that’s going on.
- If you can get someone to laugh with you it is totally disarming. Humor is a connection point.
- Candace says a true friend will “stab you in the face.” Find out what this means and how important it is that we have friends that speak truth to us.
- Sometimes we cut off relationships too soon because we don’t do things the same. Find out how to avoid that and how it relates to living a life of joy.
- Candace looks back on her difficult childhood and how she can look at it with joy.
- We have way more to offer our children than just stuff. They need our engagement!
- We don’t know how to cherish moments and the little itty bitty things. Learn how to do that!
- Candace shares specific tips on giving joy to your kids especially in difficult situations.
- For the mom that is in a particularly stressful climate and home, learn some specific ways to start your walk toward joy. Her tips are SO GOOD.
- Joy is a discipline. We have to train. We need to be intentional.
- Follow Candace online or on social media at Twitter, Facebook & Instagram
Next week we welcome Joy Beth Smith to the podcast. Joy is a single woman and you’ll love this conversation about how it is like to live this season of life, what is helpful from married women and what isn’t. Join us next week!
If you haven’t seen this delightful Chewbacca video, check it out:
Special thanks to our sponsor, MOPS International!
You’ll be able to find the latest episode of The Modern Motherhood Podcast with Julie Lyles Carr every Tuesday on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn here on the blog, SoundCloud, YouTube & Facebook. Subscribe now so you don’t miss an episode! Full list of episodes. Full list of show notes.
Please take a moment to give us a rating on iTunes to help us spread the word! We want to feature your review on the podcast. Take a moment to leave us some words and you could hear yours!