What are you bringing to Thanksgiving this year? Did panic immediately arise when your mind went blank with ideas? One year I brought my own version of green bean casserole. I am not sharing the “recipe” because it was disgusting! It was from there that I learned something important about myself: I must always follow a recipe. I am never going to be the mom that can follow my palate and create the next best Pinterest food craze. I came across this butternut squash recipe a couple of years ago and it is not only do-able (trust me!) but the guests will love it! Whether you are a guest or taking it all on by hosting Thanksgiving this year, try this recipe at your holiday table!
Here is the link but to make it easy for you to grab the ingredients, here is a quick list:
- 6 tablespoons chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 6 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash (Tip: you can buy them peeled and cubed! Such a timesaver!)
- 4 cubes chicken bouillon
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 16 ounces cream cheese (Tip: I don’t suggest using fat free)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
Head over to the site for the simple instructions to throw this together. And tell us what your signature contribution to your family’s Thanksgiving is below!