The other day I ran across this great list of verses that we can use to pray over our children. Often I’m in the moment praying about something specific going on, but these prayer verses help us focus and pray for the future of our children as well. I hope it blesses you as it did me.
- Timothy 3:15 – Pray for your children to find Christ at an early age
- Psalm 97:10 – Pray that they will recognize sin and hate it
- Psalm 119:71 – Pray that they will be caught when guilty
- John 17:15 – Pray that they will be protected from evil in all areas of their lives
- Daniel 6:3 – Pray that they will have strong interpersonal relationships that they treat responsibly
- Romans 13:1 – Pray that they will respect authority
- Proverbs 1:10-11 – Pray that they will desire the right kinds of friends
- 2 Corinthians 6:14-17 – Pray that they will be kept from the wrong mate and saved for the right one
- James 4:7 – Pray for total submission to God
- Romans 12:1-2 – Pray that they will be sold out totally to Jesus
- Hosea 2:6 – Pray that they will be protected from the wrong people and the wrong places
Lord, we lift our children up to you! May you guide us as mothers and help us lead them by example. Amen.