This is the only quiche recipe you’ll ever need. It’s so adaptable, you can use just about ANYTHING to make an amazing breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner.
In fact, when I make this, it’s usually with leftover food that needs to be used up from either my fridge or freezer. There are a million combinations, each which will work with the basic recipe. Just toss together commonly-combined foods or use your imagination to come up with a completely unique recipe!
Some great combinations are:
- chicken, feta, spinach, and tomatoes
- ham (or bacon) & cheddar
- sausage and sauteed veggies
- pesto, chicken, and tomatoes
- smoked salmon, goat cheese, and dill (pictured)
- 1 frozen pie crust
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup half & half (3/4 cup cream if you’re feeling particularly decadent)
- filling ingredients or leftovers (suggested combinations above)
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. If uncooked, saute veggies.
3. Whisk together eggs, half & half, and any herbs you’re using. Add a pinch of salt. If your filling ingredients aren’t well-seasoned, salt liberally; go light if you’re using salty ingredients.
4. Place your filling ingredients loosely in the bottom of the pie plate. Don’t pack them in – you want the egg mixture to be able to incorporate into the filling and make a cohesive quiche.
5. Pour your egg mixture over the filling.
6. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. It will be soft (but not liquid) in the center. Allow to set for 15 minutes before serving.
What’s your fave quiche filling?