She’s a communicator, public speaker, non-fiction writer, fiction writer and and an actress! We are THRILLED to have Priscilla Shirer on the podcast today. This is an incredible conversation:
- The benefit of intentional and purposeful parenting.
- Showing your children how church is important and how we can live out loud for Jesus in all aspects in our life!
- How Priscilla’s dad took her “problem issue” and helped her see her gifting.
- How to make very balanced decisions to put your family first.
- The most impact we can have as disciple makers is in our own home.
- You can not do 20 things to the glory of God! It’s okay to say no. No sometimes feels like a loss. “Every no is a simultaneous yes to something else.”
- How she ended up on the movie War Room. “Fear and insecurity would have talked me out of what was one of the greatest gifts of my life to draw people to Jesus in a unique way.”
- The incredible story of redemption of the film I Can Only Imagine and why she said yes to being part of it.
- The ways God wires us and how we can work together for the glory of God rather than competing with one another.
- The deepest need people have is Jesus. A powerful message for both believers and non-believers.
- How do we honor the boys we are raising?
- Seeing her boys through high school and learning new ways to cook chicken are two of her projects at the moment.
- Connect with Priscilla Shirer on Instagram at @priscillashirer or on her website Going Beyond.
- Check out her upcoming Simulcast on 4/28. Buy a pass to the simulcast, here.
Up next week we are excited to have Mandy Arioto joining us from MOPS! See you next week for another fantastic conversation.
A special thanks to MOPS International for sponsoring our podcast!
You’ll be able to find the latest episode of The Modern Motherhood Podcast with Julie Lyles Carr every Tuesday on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn here on the blog, SoundCloud, YouTube & Facebook. Subscribe now so you don’t miss an episode! Please take a moment to give us a rating on iTunes to help us spread the word!