He is a humanitarian, the guy who put his phone number in the back of his books, he can always make you smile and he is just genuinely in a good mood! He is Bob Goff and we are excited that he has joined us today to talk about loving difficult people well.
- Love Does is like “Let’s go get a puppy.” and then Everybody Always is like “Raising the puppy.” Find out what that means.
- The difficult people give you a report card on your faith.
- It’s not about surrounding yourself with certain people but being totally present where you are.
- We need to not avoid each other. How can we do that?
- Bob only raises his voice for one reason. Find out what that is.
- Bob hasn’t had a quiet time for 20 years. His are all loud!
- We need to know why we are doing what we are doing. Do you?
- If we can start dialoguing instead of diatribing what would change in our culture?
- How can we avoid loving people with an agenda?
- Why do we have so much fear of people who are different from us?
- We are all insecure and we are just reflecting that in different ways. How do we avoid that?
- We all need to chill out a little bit. How do we start?
- Sweet Maria and Bob have a tradition while they are talking. Find out what it is. It will change your life.
- Be present and be loving to the people you are with. -Bob Goff
- What do you do when you are just so tired? What if you have fatigue from a difficult person? Find out how to surround yourself with Switzerland.
- Who are your 8 people? That is the amount of people that can surround your bed. (Or you can be like Julie and “Make your own 8!”)
- Take away what you are known for and whatever is left is who you are. -Bob Goff
- What is the heartbeat of people today? What are they longing for?
- How can we have meaningful conversations every day?
Wow, such an incredible conversation with Bob Goff. Next week, we look forward to having Jennifer Fulwiler, a gal who went from atheist to Christian and from a gal who didn’t want any kids to a gal who had 6. Find out more about her incredible journey next week!
Special thanks to our sponsor MOPS International!
You’ll be able to find the latest episode of The Modern Motherhood Podcast with Julie Lyles Carr every Tuesday on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn here on the blog, SoundCloud, YouTube & Facebook. Subscribe now so you don’t miss an episode! Please take a moment to give us a rating on iTunes to help us spread the word!