We are digging right in today to tough conversations. (Just a note: This may be a conversation that you don’t want young ears to hear.) Why does the church have such a hard time talking about sex? Why did God design it? Why is it knit into our very being? How do we talk to our kids about it?
Dig in with us today as Julie and Mo unpack:
- Her new book Sex, Jesus & The Conversations the Church Forgot.
- How her dad committed suicide, what that did to her heart, the choices she made as a result and then how God brought her back.
- Mo chose promiscuity to numb the pain. How she walked back from that into redemption.
- Real Sex Vs. Sex – What does this mean and why is it important?
- How our culture idolizes sex and what that does to what sex really is and how God created it to be.
- What happens when we only talk to our kids about the biology of it and we miss the bigger picture.
- The average age of pornography is 9 years old. We have to be starting these conversations long before we think it is time.
- How we can celebrate how God made our bodies.
- We are missing conversations about heart transformation and not just the rule list and the virginity vow.
- We are not doing a good job monitoring what we are taking into our lives and how we are desensitized. We have to armor up against what we are visually consuming.
- Singleness and understanding that you are still a sexual being. The importance of these seasons.
- Mo is very open about her struggles and her journey and how God transformed her life.
- Regardless of sexual history what are some practical ways you can make your way back to redemption.
- The Gospel compels us to live differently. Read the words Jesus has for you. They are beautiful. God’s grace covers everything.
- God gave us sex as a gift and it is an act of worship. It is a powerful spiritual tool of unification. It is holy.
- If you are struggling with past hurts it is okay and often very important to seek counseling to work through these painful issues.
- We need to pray powerful, bold prayers and surrender to Jesus. Learn what this means!
- Follow Mo online, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Next week we are looking forward to having Megan Garrett from Casting Crowns on the podcast! You won’t want to miss it. Subscribe now so you don’t miss a single episode!
Special thanks to MOPS International for sponsoring The Modern Motherhood Podcast!
You’ll be able to find the latest episode of The Modern Motherhood Podcast with Julie Lyles Carr every Tuesday on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn here on the blog, SoundCloud, YouTube & Facebook. Subscribe now so you don’t miss an episode! Full list of episodes. Full list of show notes.
Please take a moment to give us a rating on iTunes to help us spread the word!