Megan Garrett of Casting Crowns joins us today on the podcast. She is a homeschooling mom, travels with Casting Crowns, is married to a youth pastor and is a mom figuring it out day by day. You’ll love this conversation and a glimpse behind the scenes of one of America’s favorite Christian artists.
Today’s podcast is full of:
- Homeschooling on the road.
- The #1 thing that Megan wants her kids to do.
- The history of Casting Crowns and how they all came together.
- What she has learned about working with creative people.
- How they keep the heart and vision behind what they do.
- How they are being intentional with their relationships on the road with their friendships and relationships.
- What Jesus love actually looks like and how to meet people where they are.
- Why she had the word Delight tattooed on her hand. (Psalm 48)
- How the Casting Crowns team rallied around Mark Hall during his cancer diagnosis.
- What Megan’s favorite songs are that they have done.
- Megan’s tips for keeping a relationship solid amidst all the travel. Learn her 3 Ds!
- Each of us have our own normal. Find the normal God has for you.
- Casting Crowns traveled to North Korea. Hear about that trip!
- How they put safeguards into place for men and woman working so closely together on the road. Setting up a safe space.
- Follow Casting Crowns & Megan on social media at: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
Next week Emerson Eggerichs joins us to delve into the unique relationship of moms and sons. See you next week!
Special thanks to our Sponsor MOPS International
You’ll be able to find the latest episode of The Modern Motherhood Podcast with Julie Lyles Carr every Tuesday on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn here on the blog, SoundCloud, YouTube & Facebook. Subscribe now so you don’t miss an episode! Full list of episodes. Full list of show notes.
Please take a moment to give us a rating on iTunes to help us spread the word! We want to feature your review on the podcast. Take a moment to leave us some words and you could hear yours!