As a mom it is so important to show our kids the world and help them develop empathy. For only $1 a day you can support a child with Compassion International. Give your kids the world and change the life of a child.
Who are my kids and where is God leading them? Today we are joined by Hettie Brittz to discover how personalities should and do affect our parenting. Could some of the problems we face be a collision of the differences of personalities with us and our children? You’ll love this conversation and the insight she provides.
- Growing Kids with Character
- You are not raising yourselves and the world we are raising our kids in is so different than we were kids. We have to adjust our parenting.
- You must ask the question: Who are my kids and where is God leading them?
- We have to parent proactively rather than reactively. Find out what the difference is and how it changes everything.
- Tall Trees Consulting – It turns out parenting and leadership are very similar.
- Hettie unpacks the “4 trees” and how they are metaphors for different personalities and temperaments.
- What do we do when we have a child who is really different than us and it is really difficult to find out how to raise them?
- Could it be that God gives us the child we need to help us working on certain things within ourselves?
- We cannot try to change our children into something they are not meant to be. We need to discover who God wants them to be. What is their truth North?
- Do you feel like you aren’t being fair with your kids? One is getting more attention and one is getting less due to their personalities. Hear what Julie and Hettie discuss about quality time with our kids.
- What is artificial fairness and how can it be harmful to our children?
- Encouragement for the parent who wishes, “I wish I had this awhile back.”
- Visit Hettie on Hettie Brittz Facebook, Hettie Brittz Bilinguial and Online.
Next week we chat with Robert Beeson about what he learned when his wife walked out and he became a solo dad with three girls. Join us next week.
We have partnered with Compassion International to shine light on what you can do to change the world of a child. Teach your own children empathy and show them the world through a child sponsorship. SPONSOR a child today! We have 2 children who need sponsors right away. Is the sponsor you?
You’ll be able to find the latest episode of The Modern Motherhood Podcast with Julie Lyles Carr every Tuesday on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn here on the blog, SoundCloud, YouTube & Facebook. Subscribe now so you don’t miss an episode! Full list of episodes. Full list of show notes.
Please take a moment to give us a rating on iTunes to help us spread the word! We want to feature your review on the podcast. Take a moment to leave us some words and you could hear yours!