Today we have a must listen conversation with Lisa Harper. She unpacks a life where she struggled in abusive relationships, missing the biological motherhood window, and adopting in her 50s as a single woman. God walked her through some very difficult situations. This is full of hope and encouragement for every woman!
- What brought Lisa Harper into ministry?
- Lisa was drawn to abusive men in her 20s and 30s. Hear what that meant for her life.
- It wasn’t until Lisa was in her 40s that she felt really healed from her past. She talks about missing her window of having kids. Listen to how that shaped her life.
- As a single woman, God opened the doors for her to adopt a girl from Haiti. Lisa was 51. Listen to God’s beautiful journey for her life.
- Lisa talks about going through motherhood and menopause at the same time.
- There were some serious challenges for her when she adopted her child. How did she get through that?
- How can a person love Jesus with her whole heart and still struggle with what a good relationship looks like?
- Lisa talks specifically about what it means to be rooted in Christ.
- Shame can convince us we aren’t worthy of a better way of life. Don’t listen to the enemy.
- A woman met with Lisa and gave her some advice that made her drift from her purpose. Listen to what this advice was and how you can avoid it in your life.
- Lisa was approached to adopt a girl with HIV that was only going to live for 2 months. She stood in the gap for the child and listen to what happened.
- We cannot live our lives by what is most popular. We should be living our lives according to God’s word.
- When a child asked her daughter who her daddy is, Lisa talks about the pain of that moment and the conversation that followed.
- Who’s Your Daddy: Discovering the Awesomest Daddy Ever
- There is no parent on this earth that can love perfectly. Let’s lean on the perfect Father above.
- Lisa talks about how she had very imperfect fathers in her life and how that shaped how she viewed God. Now as she talks with her daughter about father figures she has learned so much about God. Powerful words for us all.
- Lisa talks with Missy about her cracks. It has changed their relationship profoundly for the positive. Hear more about that and how you can apply it to your life.
- Follow Lisa Harper online, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
Next week join us country superstar Cory Morrow and wife Sherry. You won’t want to miss this conversation about marriage and redemption.
Friend, we a have something incredible to share with you. We are looking to have 10 children sponsored from Compassion International. Did you know that these children are waiting and they KNOW they are waiting? When you see on the Compassion Website the amount of days a child is waiting, the child knows. They see other children at the Child Development Center having the benefit of a sponsor. Please prayerfully consider joining us as we look to get these children sponsored, especially those that have been waiting a long time!
You’ll be able to find the latest episode of The Modern Motherhood Podcast with Julie Lyles Carr every Tuesday on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn here on the blog, SoundCloud,YouTube & Facebook. Subscribe now so you don’t miss an episode! Full list of episodes. Full list of show notes.
Please take a moment to give us a rating on iTunes to help us spread the word! We want to feature your review on the podcast. Take a moment to leave us some words and you could hear yours!